Web Agencies are one of CookieScript target audiences. The most requested functionality for such customers is the possibility to share a banner with a client. This would allow to still have control over all the Cookie Consent Banners and give the client the ability to either monitor statistics or adjust banner settings.
Meet the Cookie Consent Banner Sharing between accounts.
How does Sharing between accounts work?
Sharing banners between accounts works exactly as you would expect:
- Share banner with another user
- Another user accepts sharing invitation
- Done, the banner can now be accessed by both users.
Few key notes to remember:
- An invited user has to be created in the CookieScript to accept sharing.
- Due to privacy regulations, the owner of the banner will not see any information about the invited user until the invitation is accepted.
- The banner can be shared in full access or read-only modes.
- Any party can stop sharing at any time.
- Banners that are shared are only counted in the owner's account. This means any user can accept an unlimited number of banners.
Read-only VS full access
Cookie Consent Banner can be shared in 2 ways: read-only and full access. This can be selected when sharing is initiated by the owner of the banner.
Read-only mode allows invited users to only view information about the banner, see statistics and download user consents. Perfect for agencies who do not want their customers to mess up the settings.
Full access, you guessed it, gives the invited user full access to the banner. The only restriction is that banner can only be deleted by the owner.
Who can Share banners and accept sharing?
Sharing banners between accounts can be initiated by users with selected pricing plans. See our Pricing Page for more details.
Sharing can be accepted by any user, also with a free plan. The shared banner will have all the functionality that is available for the owner of the banner. This means if a Plus user shares a banner with a Free user, a Free user can use all the Plus features for this banner.
Let's say you are a web agency having multiple customers having CookieScript banner created for each customer. You now want to give each user access to his banner to monitor the statistics, download consents and in some cases, edit banner settings. The checklist to accomplish such scenario:
- Make sure you have a plan that allows banner sharing
- Create a free CookieScript account for each of your customers
- Share each item to every customer account with proper
- Send every customer access details to his account and instruct them to accept the invitation when signed in
Done, now each of your customers can see or edit his own banner. We are working on making this process even simpler in the future.