Please read the guides on how to enable cookies in the Firefox browser on your computer, phone, or tablet. The first guide explains how to enable cookies in Firefox on a computer, while the second one explains how to enable cookies in Firefox on a phone or tablet.
How to enable cookies in Firefox on your computer?
To enable cookies in Firefox on a personal computer or Mac, perform the following steps:
- On your computer, open the Firefox browser.
- Click the Menu button, found at the top-right corner of the web page and marked as three horizontal lines, and then click Settings. (Note: on some OS it is called Options).
- Click Privacy & security.
- Choose your preferred privacy and cookie settings.
Firefox has advanced browser privacy settings: control of the privacy and cookies settings are combined together. You can choose one of the three main options for privacy and cookies management: Standard, Strict, and Custom.
Select the Standard option, which gives you balanced privacy settings since it will allow most of the first-party cookies that most websites need to work properly and will block third-party cookies that are often used by companies to track user behavior across multiple websites. The standard option will block cross-site Tracking Cookies and social media trackers, used for website user targeting, but some third-party cookies could remain if they are not considered to be third-party Tracking Cookies. If you open a Private browser window. third-party Tracking Cookies will be blocked.
Strict and Custom options are used to disable cookies and other privacy settings.
- Manage cookies, site data, and cache.
Additionally, you can manage cookies, site data, and cache already stored on your computer. Click Manage data, and you will see your stored cookies, which websites are storing cookies, how much space it takes, and other data. You could delete selected cookies.
Done, you have enabled cookies in Firefox on your computer.
How to enable cookies in Firefox on a phone or tablet?
- On your phone or tablet, open the Firefox app.
- Tap the Menu button next to the address bar
- Tap Settings.
- Go to Privacy & Security.
- Tap Allow cookies.
Done, you have enabled cookies in the Firefox browser on your phone or tablet.